Date and Time
9 am to 6 pm
$495, $450 if paid in full by March 18th
School of Esthetics & School of Massage at The Skin Institute
552 N Dixie Dr.
St. George, Utah, UT 84770
This is Claire Marie Miller's premier certification course in pregnancy and postpartum massage. This course also includes labor massage and support techniques as well as a demonstration of newborn/infant massage. Most workshop sites will have a pregnant volunteer to enhance your learning.
What you will learn:
- Anatomy and physiology for pregnancy and birth
- Pregnancy massage sequence
- Cautions and contraindications for pregnancy massage
- Guidelines for pregnancy massage for each trimester
- Massage cautions and variations for high-risk pregnancies
- Postpartum massage, with the principle of mother roasting: the application of heat along with specific bodywork techniques for the recovery and realignment of the mother.
You will need to bring:
- 4 pillows- 2 king size and 2 standard
- 3 sets of sheets
- Unscented Oil
- Blanket or pad for Shiatsu
- Massage table; one per two students (unless available on-site)
- Optional: Baby doll for infant massage demonstration