Date and Time
9 am to 6 pm
$495, $450 if paid in full by April 15th
Aspenwood Manor (lodging available)
289 W 500 N.
Provo, UT 84601
This is Claire Marie Miller's premier certification course in pregnancy and postpartum massage. This course also includes labor massage and support techniques as well as a demonstration of newborn/infant massage. Most workshop sites will have a pregnant volunteer to enhance your learning.
What you will learn:
- Anatomy and physiology for pregnancy and birth
- Pregnancy massage sequence
- Cautions and contraindications for pregnancy massage
- Guidelines for pregnancy massage for each trimester
- Massage cautions and variations for high-risk pregnancies
- Postpartum massage, with the principle of mother roasting: the application of heat along with specific bodywork techniques for the recovery and realignment of the mother.
You will need to bring:
- 4 pillows- 2 king size and 2 standard
- 3 sets of sheets
- Unscented Oil
- Blanket or pad for Shiatsu
- Massage table; one per two students (unless available on-site)
- Optional: Baby doll for infant massage demonstration