- Integrative Reflexology® is a foot and hand reflexology training that is a modality of massage and bodywork therapies.
- The Integrative Reflexology® method is a whole-hand technique that is easier for the therapists to give and more enjoyable for the client to receive.
- A Certified Integrative Reflexology® practitioner is trained in understanding the foot's structure and the importance it plays in alignment of the whole body.
- A Certified Integrative Reflexology® practitioner works with the meridians as energy pathways that begin and end on the fingers and toes.
- A Certified Integrative Reflexology® practitioner will open the zone pathways for better circulation.
- A Certified Integrative Reflexology® practitioner will stimulate the nerve endings on the bottom of your feet to promote a calming effect to the whole body, mind and spirit.
Who should receive an Integrative Reflexology session?
Babies can receive a reflexology treatment that focuses on points for colic, sinus congestion, constipation and relaxation.
Children will also benefit from stimulation on their feet. It will increase their immune function and ease their digestion. It can also minimize the symptoms of ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder).
Adults with a stressful lifestyle benefit from the deep relaxation and deep breathing effects of reflexology. Stress is the number one reason to receive and Integrative Reflexology session.
Pregnant Women often hear that they cannot receive a foot massage or reflexology because it could put them into early labor. A trained Integrative Reflexology therapist knows where they may safely work and which points to avoid. The points for hips, spine, sinuses and digestion all bring welcome relief from common pregnancy induced discomforts.
The Chronically Ill will receive both pain relief, as well as digestive support from an Integrative Reflexology session.
Elders love reflexology because they are often touch-deprived, and they do not have to get undressed to receive this work. The reflexology session will increase their circulation and provide a deep relaxation experience.
Cancer patients will benefit from the increase in immune function provided by the reflexology session. Reflexology can alleviate the nausea that may accompany their treatments. The endorphin response will help alleviate pain.
Clients who suffer from Autoimmune Disorders will benefit from the increased immune function and pain relief.
The Terminally Ill will respond to reflexology in profound ways. It will ease their anxiety and assist in breathing. It supports the functioning of the organs, the digestive system and the kidneys.
What to expect in a session?
Each Certified Integrative Reflexology pracitioner will create their own unique approach to giving a therapeutic reflexology session. In general, the entire session will take 60 minutes. Your session may include:
- A therapeutic foot soak. The 5-minute foot soak may have essential oils, herbs, rocks and even lemons.
- A foot scrub with either salt or sugar and aromatic oils.
- The use of hydrating foot cream.
- Whole hand strokes to release tension and increase circulation.
- Specific stimulation of reflex points and areas.
- Foot and toe stretches.
- Lying on a massage table or in a reclining relaxation chair.
- The incorporation of massage into your session as needed.
- Hand reflexology to further enhance the relaxation and therapeutic response.
Benefits you may experience from an Integrative Reflexology Session.
- A deeply relaxing and therapeutic response.
- Increased digestive response and constipation relief.
- Sinus drainage, perhaps while still in the session.
- Decreased bronchi and lung congestion.
- Uterine reflex stimulation can help to bring on overdue babies or late menses.
- Uterine reflex stimulation will also relieve some of the symptoms of PMS (premenstrual syndrome).
- Reduced muscular tension in the neck, shoulders, elbows, hips, sciatic area and spine.
- Reduced swelling in the feet and lower limbs.
- Increased lymphatic, nerve and blood circulation.
- Kidney stones have been reported to pass with the stimulation of the kidney reflexes.
- Many clients report they are as relaxed as if they had a full body massage.
Disclaimer: Integrative Reflexology is not intended to diagnosis or treat conditions that require medical attention. As with any medical concerns by a client about the state of their health they should consult a medical practitioner.